Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bad Reviews

Okay, I know this is a site full of legitimate reviews about a variety of things.  But let's face it, some things should just not be put in print.

Take this one case:

I just finished this one book last night.  It was awful.  Completely horrible.  Too short (barely topping 100 pages and had no right to be called a novel in any way).  Fantastic failures in the editing department.  And the worst case of character development I have ever had the misfortune to read.  And don't even get me started on that not-even-24-hours-of-knowing-one-another romance and that heart-to-heart "trust one another" crap.  As if that wasn't the kicker, let's throw in the biggest trope of all: a love triangle with the bestest guy friend ever.  My Gods, this book was the epitome of torture.

But I digress.

Suffice it to say, this book was so horrible, I would rather burn a copy than write a review.

That's kind of what I'm doing here.  I went on a tour once through this house where a Yale professor used to live.  As a side project, this guy would read and review books.  And in his entire life, he never wrote a single bad review.  Simply burned the manuscript he had been given.

So that's kind of what I have to do here.  Instead of putting a name to this atrocity and blackballing the author with this kind of catastrophe their entire life, it shall remain nameless, and hopefully his/her future writing endeavors will make this mistake an absolute obscurity.

Which is why no review of mine shall exist in a form connected with this work.  If what I have already mentioned is not enough to cause you to steer clear of this, then nothing will.

No comments:

Post a Comment