Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Currently Reading List

As of September 30 of the year 2014, I am currently in the process of reading:

1.  Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection

This includes all 4 novels as well as a number of short stories.  I'm actually not certain I will write a review for this one.  For a lot of books, actually, it's just enough for me to rate it on GoodReads and leave well enough alone.  I think this will be one of those cases--if I even do that much.

2.  The Wounded by Lauren Nicolle Taylor

This woman could make an onion cry with her writing.  Not long after this successor in The Woodlands Series was made available to me, I dropped almost every other book in order to read this.  I'm over half way right now and keep stalling over finishing it because I just don't want to deal with the aching fallout of reading the ending of it.  Despite/especially knowing that the fourth and final book will closely follow my reading of those last pages.

3.  The Eye of Tanub by M. E. Cunningham

It's really not her fault that I'm still only on chapter 6 despite having this book in my grips for months now.  Really it has to do with my aversion to e-reading versus real books and then she has to blame Miss Taylor for sucking me into The Wounded instead.

So those are the works I'm currently in the process of fighting through.  Sherlock is proving to be the most daunting, as I'm not even half-way through the first Volume in the 2 Volume collection yet I've finished two of the novels already and a handful of the short stories.  I never knew there were that many Holmes stories.  But I'm not regretting it.

There you have it.  Just in case you needed a bit of an update as to why there are no more new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment