Sunday, November 16, 2014

Writing Update: Edge of the Ravine

This isn't so much of an update as it is an advertisement.  I don't even know why.

For at least a year now, a story I have written under some of the strangest circumstances has been posted on a site known as MissLiterati.  It is a writing site typically geared towards tweens--though it says it is for teenagers, this is a load of crock as the censorship has taken such a dive that I no longer feel the need to visit the site.

That being said, my first published novel was written on this site and with that fan base I published that work.  (A mistake, really, but it got my feet wet and I made some fantastic friends, so I'm not complaining too much about my naiveté.)  Now, I have a piece of writing left there.  It is unedited and will likely never leave the site.  For some reason, however, I feel the need to share that with a broader audience today.  Again, I have no idea why.  But this is how I'm going about fulfilling that urge.  So enjoy my blatant advertisement.



Between the ravine and the train tracks I was throughly bound.  Forever destined to run three miles in either direction to find one or the other waiting to hold me back.  Keep me trapped.  In a shallow bowl, I was kept safe and secure.  With no one to hear my cries; no one to see the tears as they fell relentlessly down my face.

Until she came.

Until she became my everything.

Edge of the Ravine on MissLiterati

(Obviously, my username on ML is Vulpes.  And the cover picture came from this blog post, as far as I can tell.  Though it was created by my good friend, Forever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment