Saturday, March 22, 2014

About Leah


So, this is me.  Leah.  Vulpes.  Fox.  Any of the three names I use with incredible regularity.

I am a writer, amateur photographer, avid reader, critical movie watcher, and have an expansive taste in music.  As a human being, I am a bit on the unemotional, tyrannical side.  Lack of common sense annoys me and I find myself highly unable to handle human stupidity.  I can also be a bit cruel, but I try to temper that side of me whilst writing reviews.

I'm honest.  Not because I consider honesty a virtue, but because I find it interesting how individuals react to my honest opinions.  Which reminds me: everything here is AN OPINION.  Not a fact.  Keep that in mind.  (Next post should go more into how I feel about that.)

As an individual, I'm also incurably crude.  I swear.  A lot.  If this bothers you, too damn bad.  It's simple and it's me.  That's all.

Despite these circumstances, I try to curb my tongue as far as reviews go and I will not always be blunt about my thoughts.  There are such things as tact and common courtesy.  When it comes to expressing my thoughts in a forum such as this, I will always try to maintain a level of professionalism.  (Try being the key word here.)  This means I will try to be respectful as far as the minds of my readers go.

However (and this is a big one), everything I post on this blog is for ME.  Not you.  Not my friends.  Not authors or film makers or musicians or anyone else whom I critique.  You are not my concern.  These are my thoughts and I'm putting them in a public place.  That's all that is happening here.

So if any of this offends you, feel free to go off and have your own damn thoughts.  No need to be bothered by mine.

Well, and that ends this cheerful introduction.  Like I said: I'm the critical one.  Which means … absolutely nothing until we get this blog's wheels actually turning.

Links concerning me:

Leah Alvord

Leah Alvord Facebook

Leah Alvord Goodreads

Vulpes Miss Literati

No comments:

Post a Comment